Sunday, April 7, 2024

Melbourne International Comedy Festival

 

 Organizer of the Date

Melissa

Place of Date

Melbourne International Comedy Festival

Acknowledge Diss 

Trades Hall, Carlton VIC.

Price of Date

$25 per person

The Deets

Last night David and I went to see Leon Filewood and Tim Moodie's Acknowledge Diss show at the Trades Hall in Carlton. 

The Melbourne International Comedy Festival has now well and truly kicked off and while we have some of the best Comedians in the country, I like to show solidarity for our first nations comedians whom we don't get to see otherwise. 

David and I enjoy comedy and are members of The Comics Lounge  in North Melbourne and go at least once a month. But in the two years we've been members I am yet to see and indigenous act. 

Last night, David was pretty much the only white boy in the crowd and had his ass handed to him on a black platter by Ben Moodie! Luckily, my man can hold himself and take a joke. He actually found Ben's jokes funny. 

What made the night even more fun was the laughter in the front row and the laughter coming from behind us. I feel like it made me laugh even more!

The Pics







Last Thoughts/ Recommendations

Melissa - I had a great time and have made some new friends from last night. I am looking forward to seeing more of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Comedians next weekend for the Aboriginal All Stars Show. Those deets along with other Aboriginal Comedy acts can be found here..

David - I thought they were funny, I think everyone should see their show and support indigenous comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave without letting us know you clicked in today.

If commenting Anonymously, leave your name or if you want to leave your name and link to your FB, X or blog, thats cool too! Just don't leave without saying hi :)